Saturday, May 31, 2008

My heart is beating again...

HULLO!!! Yes, I'm back!

It's been a year now since I last made an entry. That was a period where I ended a 'confusing relationship' and decided to move on. The adjustment was difficult but I came out stronger in the Lord and having set free of striving to take things in control.

I wanted to come back blogging but it's so difficult. I dunno how to write, how to share anymore. Then I realised I've been shutting my heart away or rather not wanting my heart to lay bare before my readers, but then what is life if we don't engage our hearts in friendships/relationship or even the matters in life.

I dunno what brought me back to my blogsite (I was having difficulty even recalling the name of my site hahahahha)...but after reading all my past entries, I cried! I felt that I've lost touched with my heart for a long time and now it feels good to connect again :)

The feeling all started when we had our usual cell meeting last night. We had 2 visitors (Jasmine and Alvern). We were discussing about "Ask, Seek, Knock" where the bible says in Matt 7:7-8 "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.
It talks about the intensity and passion in prayers. We should never lose our zeal in prayers if we know that our Heavenly Father loves to give good gifts to us!

I closed the night by sharing a meaningful thought shared by Pr Mike from Matt 13:44-46
"The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field. When a man found it, he hid it again, and then in his joy went and sold all he had and bought that field. "Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it.
..
where it talks about:
- a QUEST for something greater value. The deepest desire of men is for God. Many had suppressed this and settled for a quest for comfortable life, wealth, health, love etc....do you and I still have that burning longing and quest for God?
- both found the treasure but never really possessed it, just as many of us claimed that we have found Christ but do we truly know Him and possess this Great Treasure in our hearts, in our lives? It is so true that the treasure of Christianity lies not in its rich traditions, its great moral teachings, the intellectual and philosophical elegance of its belief system or its diversity, depth and relevance of the worship-forms...but in CHRIST JESUS!
- There is an all-consuming passion. The parables told that ALL is sold to buy the FIND. Until and unless we are willing to "sell everything" to pay the price, there will be no possessing of the FIND, that Great Treasure. That desire to know Christ as the Great Treasure, would relegate all else to relative insignificance. Who or what is our all consuming passion today?

It is when I shared about this, I felt my heart is beating so passionately again....not that it was stopped before, but He revived it and I felt an ever-consuming longing and quest for Him. Not to forget that my loving Father in Heaven had sent 2 really passionate & zealous visitors last night to the cell to encourage all of us! I felt they are ‘God-sent angels’, my heart is thoroughly blessed!

Jesus - what a wonderful lover of my soul!

No comments: