Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Insightful...

What an insightful day today…I had a God-moment today.

One of my MSN friend (bro in Christ) recently shared about his life story to me (*which he had graciously say yes to me sharing here and I promised not to mention name here, but thanks bro!*). He was supposed to get married this month but few months’ back he found out that the girl whom he was going to marry was unfaithful to him. It was heart breaking moment for him but he had to move on, with God’s strength.

To me, it was one of those sad stories and I felt sorry. But the story went on…. it really touched me when the ‘victim’ of the story (i.e. my MSN friend) told me that he protected the girl when the mother of the girl asked him the reason for the break-up. He painfully took it upon himself by just saying ‘she feels that we are not compatible’. How beautiful is his heart; and how forgiving is he. I felt so sorry for the girl who did not appreciate his beauty.

I was trying to find words to encourage and comfort him. But he seemed so strong. Yet, to my surprise, I found a tinge of pain at the corner of my heart. It was the remnant of my past hurts from relationships. He reminded me that to exercise forgiveness is a freedom and true maturity is when one chooses to continue to walk on with God and know that He’s faithful and trust His best.

I understood where he was coming from. I stood there; lots of past events playing through in my mind. I know I have absolutely nothing against my ex-bfs, forgiven them and I can pray for them n bless them. What then I realize is that the hurts had held me captive; I couldn’t imagine myself finding a person to love and to be loved… is that called lack of faith; lack of optimism or just lack of desire?!

God did not stop there.

Few minutes later, this same friend of mine sent me a ‘song’ with a good intent to encourage me. The title was ‘Unto You’ by Planet Shakers. I can’t recall how the song goes, so I downloaded and played it. Oh my God! This is the song that I heard when my ex-bf first held my hand. You must be thinking, the Satan is not letting me go and he is still attacking me! NO, not that! To the contrary, I felt a deep sense of assurance from the Lord. He was ministering to me so closely and personally. I heard Him whispering to me “Amy, I’m the same God, who had never changed, even though things may have changed. I’m the same God, faithfully taking you through your journey here, including your hurts and broken past. I saw your pain and I was there and still here, come on, stand up again!” Now, this is what I call another God-moment of my life.

It truly amazes me. I didn’t feel relationship matters bother me at all for some time now. And yet, in His grace and mercy n perfect timing, He had chosen to surface my un-dealt hurts and give me His deep deep assurance of how deep, how wide, and how great is His love for me. I felt much relieve now.

I’m truly amazed by how He loves me……

P/s Brother, this song “Amazed” is dedicated to you... Let's walk on with His joy, by His strength :)

To my friends who struggled in your current or past relationship out there, remember, God is the author and to His perfect will we shall commit…. AMEN ya :)

06 Amazed.mp3

No comments: