Interestingly, my friends have very diverse views about my mum. Some think she's very fierce and strict; while some think she's cute and nice. Well, for me, she is just superb! She come with her set of flaws, not the perfect mum, well, there isn't any perfect being here on earth anyway. But I adore her, I love her to bits ...
This year, during Mother's Day, I carried a very lousy feeling in the morning, thinking to myself "Is it going to be another routine and uninteresting mother's day, for her and for myself?" I went to church and when a really talented youth was reciting a poem for a presentation for all the mothers, an inspiration birthed, there's a whisper in my heart "Why don't you write something from your heart for your mum, you just got to tell her how much you love and appreciate her". Not going to buy any card sold from the shop outside coz I know the wordings are not going to impress her. I came home from church and started writing. Here is what I wrote:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
My mum,
My precious,
My beloved….
So wonderful,
So beautiful,
So insightful…
Always care,
Always love,
Always serve…
You clean the house,
You cook the meals,
You manage the finances & the bills,
You take care of all our needs….
Your gentle care and touch,
Your beautiful and cheerful disposition,
Your warmth love and hugs,
Touches my heart,
Strengthen my journey,
Enrich my life…
Your love is great,
Your care is genuine,
Your touch is magical,
Your presence makes a difference…
You were there when I was sick…
You were there when I needed a hug…
You were there to listen when I’m down…
You were there to tell me you care and love me when I needed to hear that…
Most of all, you were there to love me just the way that I am...
Mum,
Thank you for loving me…
Thank you for protecting me…
Thank you for believing in me…
I can’t express my gratitude to you,
I can’t describe my appreciation to you,
I can’t show you how much I love you…
Sorry for times that I’ve hurt you,
Sorry for times that I’ve been insensitive,
Sorry for times that I’ve taken things for granted,
All I can promise is that…
From now on..
I’ll try my best…
To be the best daughter…
To be the best person…
To be the best woman you want me to be
On this mother’s day,
Just want to say…
Mum, I love you,
Mum, I truly love you,
Mum, I love you from the bottom of my heart…
You’ll always be..
My BESTEST mum,
My SUPER mum,
My AMAZING mum…
The LOVE of our Hearts…&
The LIFE of our Home…..
LOVE YOU, MUM!
NOW….and FOREVER…….
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am not sure if she's impressed, but i know I mean it. Yup, this is my mum, whom I love dearly, and will always be.
Thank God for mum....and I just can't thank Him enough.....
Mum, you're such a gift to me...and I want the whole world to know that....
2 comments:
So Touching!!! Aunty Connie, you must read!!!
think ur mum is proud to have u as her daughter too =)
Post a Comment