This morning at about 4+am, I was awaken from a dream. In the dream, I saw my 2 brothers (Simon & Edmund) watching the lion dance together with me. Apparently they were hired by my parents for some occasion and we were all still quite young then. When the ‘in-charged’ of the lion dance team came with joss-stick and got us to hold it and ‘worship’ the ‘gods’. I told him I’m not taking it and I said ‘Pass to my brothers’.
Immediately after I said it, I woke up and I felt so lousy and bad about it. Maybe I’ve given up trying or even given up praying and believing that they will put their faith in God and come back to the ‘Father’. My heart sank. I repented because I’ve lost the desire and passion to pray and fast for them consistently and persistently. I then prayed for them and my parents too.
I then recalled that my colleague (who’s my sister in Christ too, we shared quite a bit at work) was sharing with me just yesterday about struggles in prayers and how we should keep praying even though we don’t see ‘visible’ answers to our prayers. She shared the passage on ‘the faith of the Canaanite Woman’ from book of Matthew, highlighting how persistent the woman was when she cried out and begged Jesus to deliver her demon-possessed daughter.
Immediately I turned to that. The word that boldly and ‘loudly’ stood out to speak to me at that instant was “Woman, you have great faith! Your request is granted.”
I wept.
Thank you sister for sharing that with me, though you were seeking encouragement from me then. But God in His wondrous ways had also used you to speak to me in encouraging me that I need to keep going & praying and trust His beautiful timing. I remembered telling her that we can’t move the hands of God if it’s not His perfect timing but when we pray, God sees our heart desire and He builds our character and our faith in Him. These words are ministering back to me. How beautiful is our God…
For those who are struggling too in praying continuously and persistently for the salvation of our family members and love ones, let’s remember that God knows each one of them by NAME and He loves them MORE dearly than anyone of us do. Let’s believe in our Sovereign God, the author and perfector of our faith that He will make His perfect way come to pass in a wonderful way.
Let’s continue to pray, shall we? :)
7 comments:
Dearest sista...nice blog ! rahul here.just droping by to say.hehe.
do blog more often.
bye..bye..take care...smile always.
from the little boy :(
I think i had unconsciously given up on him as well. Felt very bad after reading this. I should start praying today.
i wish He will speak to me like that.
Amy, i attribute this great message and timing to the Lord for without him, i wouldn't have heard that message and hence shared with you. Isn't GOD just amazing, AMEN! I hope that we'll continue to encourage each other in our faith journey. I shall remember your words and gather the courage to testify GOD's goodness in church this sunday :)
Rahul, I hope my sharing encourages you. Thanks for visiting my blog :)
Truelove, let's not give up for God never give up on anyone of us! Look at your family, you should know our God will turn all the impossibles to possibles! Let's exercise our faith and believe it!
Zewt, the word of God in Jeremiah 29:13 says "You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart". Ask the Lord, Seek His face, Knock at His door, for you shall receive, you shall find Him and the door will be opened to you. Don't turn away from that path, He will be found by you! Press on....
Deborah, you've been great and I really look forward hearing from you on your breakthrough....:) Our God worth it all, let's praise His name, forevermore :)
It is an amusing piece
Bravo, you were visited with simply brilliant idea
Post a Comment