Thursday, October 30, 2008

Cell retreat_2008

Yes, here I am, back from a week break from blogging coz was busy and tired.....from work and from travelling.

Time flies. This is yet another cell retreat (to Melaka this year), that I enjoyed thoroughly, though it was equally stressful with managing all my 'strong-character' members' differing expectations and opinions. It was a challenge but this time, I went with a different mindset - I see that as a 'test' where my goal was to pass it!

I didn't give a theme to the cell retreat this year as I felt that God intended for us just to relax, enjoy and learn about each other, to rebuild the friendships and mature us as a CG. God spoke to me while preparing for the devotion for the CG. He enlarged my vision to look beyond and dream big - not just focusing on building the CG, but how to help & inspire each one of us to impact the world around us and serve Him wherever He places us....so I shared on types & seasons of 'testings' that we have to go through in life and how God will promote us when we excel. There was wonderful exchanges (esp. eye contacts) and I know that God had planted a 'word' in each one of our hearts. Agree?!

Anyway, besides the nice sharing session, the 2 wonderful highlights of the trip (besides the eating and eating and eating bit) were:

- Angela being invited up the Jonker Street's big stage to sing an old Chinese Song, while 3 jokers went up to dance along (with the rest of the cg members 'chicken-out'). It was all fun! Really fun I must say, though scary up at the stage!!! Errr.....by the way, the 3 jokers were Alvern, Jackie and Amy (Yes, that's me!)

- The surprise birthday celebration for Jasmine. Personally I felt it is a simple yet sweet surprise. Checked out what we've done. We lit the candles (H-A-P-P-Y B-I-R-T-H-D-A-Y), stood near the toilet (smelly, but no wind) near the jetty and sang the song for her. She was enjoying herself blowing the 13 candles "> My heart was warmed too as all of us worked together for the surprise and it turned out well.

All in all, it was a great trip, spent with great people!

GEMs For Christ ROCKS!!!!

No comments: