Friday, October 24, 2008

I dare you...

Just came back from MidValley, went to MPH to buy birthday pressie for 2 of my cell members and also to accompany mom to the Bank...

I saw this book, titled 'I dare you' - embrace life with passion by Joyce Meyer. It caught my attention immediately. Flipping through some pages, it seems like an interesting book. I will borrow it from my cell member to read :) it reminded me that I was just chatting with my good friend over MSN this afternoon and she was telling me that the recent death of her grandma made her finally realised that it is not how long we live that matters, it is how we live our life! I totally agree with that!!!

Parents had been talking or hinting a lot about their remaining time here on earth.... they were talking about what to leave behind or give to who.... and how to help each one of us to lead a better or happier life before they 'go'..... I felt so ashamed that they are at their old age now and yet still worrying about the 3 of us.... or maybe parents being parents, they will always worry and think about the children's future....so, how can I not live and face life more positively and passionately?!

Anyway, so I decided to reward myself with a book to cheer myself up from my recent 'misery', the title of the book is called - ONE MONTH TO LIVE by Kerry & Chris Shook....it's supposed to help me:
- live passionately, living each day as if it were your last
- love completely, showing others love that transcends and transforms
- learn humbly, growing through your problems and pain
- leave boldly, creating a legacy that will impact generations...

Let's see.....

No comments: