Wednesday, October 15, 2008

A long lost friend...


I came home slightly earlier tonight becoz my peak period is slowing down... I 'bumped' into an old friend of mine online (well, we used to be very very good friend who share a lot with each other)... we hardly say hi or chat with each other online these days as we are occupied with our own 'world' and maybe felt there's nothing in common to talk about anymore...felt sad because the friendship seems to be fading...but i've come to accept that is the reality of life.

Anyway, maybe it was the right time, at the right place and setting....he initiated a conversation with me.... by first apologising to me coz he didnt reply my message earlier. I gathered some courage to continue the conversation with him....and forgetting about the possibilities of being 'ignored' or 'neglected'... to my amazement, we found that we still do treasure this friendship very much. When we are down, we think about calling each other (no concern on the long distance call) but it's just that we didn't have the courage or rather confidence over the friendship, of fear that the other may not 'care' to listen. We finally shared our hearts out... and now I know....it is indeed possible to have a friend for life. I mean good friend for life, regardless of the geographical distance or even ...time....and even if you do not keep in touch for ages! The friendship resides in the heart and will always be there if it has taken a 'place' there before....

KM, thank you for your genuine friendship and care all these years. You're indeed a great friend to have, whom I know I can count on you, always. Thanks for bearing with me, accepting me and forgiving me for being such a lousy friend. Remember this, you can call me anytime you want...i'll always be here. I miss those days that we spent together....and I look forward to seeing you soon....

It is indeed a beautiful night....I can rest with a big smile on my face and gratitude & warmth in my heart....

NITE

No comments: