Friday, April 17, 2009

Freed...

God has always been a humourous yet amazing God.... He teaches me lots of lessons through life, through experiencing ups and downs...

We were having our usual ladies sharing group last night.....and throughout the week, I asked the Lord to give me a topic to share and talk about.... He didn't give me till one afternoon after lunch, a word 'FREED?' popped into my mind....I began to ponder about it...

I didn't really have anything special to share as I lead a pretty simple and blessed life - free of debts, put behind most of my past hurts and baggages, enjoying my singlehood, building good and meaningful friendships, advancing reasonably ok in my career life etc...

Then came Wed, where I sent my car to the workshop for repair as I heard some funny sound at the front of my car.... and also coz the tyre was wearing out..... the foreman checked and showed me that my tyres really need to be changed (no grip anymore), and the rear tyre was showing a cracking line (as if it's gonna burst anytime)... he even said that 'lucky you come today and wait no-more'.... immediately I got them changed which was quite costly.... then after a few hours, the foreman told me that the gear-box also needs to be changed soon (which was the reason for the sound and the slow-pick-up i've been experiencing lately) which will cost me abt RM3k + a week of life without car (to fix it)...

I wasn't ready to receive this 'bad news' and was kinda down thereafter....I felt so trapped as I've not kept much of liquid cash (after deducting the budget for tax payment + next month's credit card bill) after investing in the Sukuk Bond.... felt so trapped so restricted and I really dislike that feeling.... then I asked God why am I in such position and what does He want me to learn from this... then God responded by whispering to my heart 'Lesson learnt - do not put yourself in the position where you'll be caught/ trapped...(not just about money, but in all aspect of life)' This reminder is timely as we look into the topic of being freed in Christ...

The lousy feeling didn't go away....and I asked the Lord again on Thu morning while praying and driving to office.... suddenly this thought came where actually there really isn't much to be worry about....I know my parents will understand my situation and may even offer to lend me the money for 2-3 months (either build up reserve from my salary or to withdraw the Sukuk)...and I know my parents well enough to know that they will be understanding and accepting to what I did (i.e. investing)....and will be happy to lend me the money for a while... then I felt so relieved....and almost immediately I felt there's a voice within that says 'That's right! Do you know Your Heavenly Father is just as understanding and accepting too.... if only you know Him SO WELL that you'll not be worried and be able to trust Him totally in all things!' That is so true, isn't it? I felt so touched so touched.... and at the same time 'beat-myself-up' (in a good sense) for not able to trust God even in this little obstacles...

Anyway, then I got to office and when asked about my car condition, I explained the costly repair etc...and then one of my closest colleague reminded me 'eh, the money is coming in right'....I went 'what money?' (thinking bonus increment whatever had come in already, I've no complaint, should we be expecting anymore? ">)....then she went 'remember? the increment that the union had been fighting for us and it was mentioned during the town hall that it has been approved' Yes, that's right! Those who joined since 2006 will be expecting a 'backdate payment' of an increment of 3-5% of your salary ......I tell you, I was SPEECHLESS!!! Yes, the money is coming!!! God is providing!
Within 2 days 1 night, God taught me precious precious lesson even though I was going through a roller-coaster feeling within me...... sometimes we just a little 'faith-booster' experience, don't you agree?

2 comments:

zewt said...

that money coming in thing has been around for some time... oh well.

aamyy said...

Well that is not important.... important is lesson learnt...