Easter had just gone past... this easter, it is slightly different as I was brought to the Journey to the Cross (an exhibition of 13 stations put together to take you on a journey to experience what Christ went through from His journey on earth to the Cross and to His resurrection) and had a fresh touch from the Lord...
We were led to 13 different stations, that includes:-
Station 1 - Outer noise
Station 2 - God in the Flesh
Station 3 - Mary Anoints Jesus
Station 4 - Judas agrees to betray Jesus
Station 5 - The Last Supper
Station 6 - Gethsemane
Station 7 - Jesus' Arrest
Station 8 - Jesus' Trial
Station 9 - The Crucifixion
Station 10 - Jesus' Death
Station 11 - Jesus' Burial
Station 12 - Jesus' Resurrection
Station 13 - Crossroads: What will you do with Jesus?
Different ones of us were ministered by the Lord at different stations, especially station 9, the scene from Passion of the Christ was projected were Jesus was beaten and nailed...and we were asked to nail our sins to the wooden cross prepared in the room.
For me, while that is as expectedly touching....I received a fresh new touch and revelations at these few other stations:
- Station 1 - there was a noisy TV (without any programme or transmission, but plain noise hazard) that's right in front of you (representing the noise and distractions in our lives) and you're asked to physically switch it off (an act to remove them from your life before entering into God's presence)..... I didn't expect that literal act would really translate into a real tangible feeling within - God really helped me "SHUT" the 'world' and left it behind - which was my desperate desperate prayer the past few weeks but my effort didn't produce much results, my mind is constantly occupied with lots of 'stuff'...anyway, after the tv was switched off, I stared at the blank screen, instantly I felt as if I left the world behind, entering into God's sweet presence....I was so touched that the Lord literally removed all the hindrances and noise and usher me into His presence, it was such a great relief...
- Station 3 - we were asked to pick up a cotton bud, dip into some perfume, smell it and imagine Mary pouring perfume on Jesus' feet....the smell of the perfume wasnt that strong initially, but the more you smell it, the stronger it becomes and it's lasting... that's expensive and precious oil... and Mary's love for Jesus was so extravagent, pure and real.....got me to ponder how have I loved the Lord... there was an exchange of deep conversation with the Lord...and I renewed my love to Him...
- Station 7 & 8 - While i'm always touched by the agony that He endured on the cross, this time God showed me that to go through the betrayal of Judas (it was from Jesus' hand at the last supper that the bread was passed to Judas and the devil went into him), to the arrest (Jesus was prepared to submit to the difficult way of the cross, he did not overpower the guards, but let himself be bound and led away) and trial (where Peter were amongst the crowd looking in but denying Jesus)... It struck me - probably the emotional and mental agony (the betrayal and denial and the strong will to conquer the tempation and his own flesh) was as painful as the physical pain that He endured... He chose the most excruciating painful way to die for us (not just physically, but emotionally, mentally wounded and drained)... I just couldn't help it...and the scene was so vividly displayed in my mind, I can't help but to tell Jesus 'stop it, stop there...' then I remembered Him 'scolding' the disciples for having such narrow mind and wrong understanding of the will and mission of God upon His life... I stopped there.... I felt God was telling me...'whatever you endure in life...remember to look at the big picture... and keep going! - for all things happened for a good reason and purpose for those who believe and love Him' and I do...
There are still so much more to reflect about.... and i'm still doing that........ He's truly amazing.... isn't He?
No comments:
Post a Comment