Some of you know that i've been really restless + stress + excited the past one week, planning for a surprise for mum's 60th birthday.....
I had many wild ideas... but in the end due to time and resources limitation, I resolved to only doing something simple yet special enough to express my deep appreciation and love towards her.... I bought her a bouquet of 60-sweet-roses..... a nice cosy lunch at Telawi Street Bistro (Bangsar).....and a powerpoint presentation of the story of her life (I digged out all her old photos, from her courtship photos, to her wedding photos, to her youth hang-out-days-photos, to her motherhood journey (from toddler to adult), to her 25-anniversary cum wedding photos, to photos of gatherings with her old friends, to our family photos + photos with relatives....and to the addition of a new member - sis in law TzeLing etc....and a simple message from us all towards the end). To me, I reckon that's the sweetest memories that she'll always cherish in her heart and i'm glad that after 1 whole day of hard-work, I managed to retrieve those photos from the old albums and got them scanned and another 2-days of hardwork to put them in order in a powerpoint presentation....
It's really a great and fulfilling experience..... dad & mum said 'well done, Amy' at the end of it... I know it wasn't just a comment by force, but a genuine remark from a warmed and touched heart.... I guess I truly know now what will touch their hearts....not big house or diamond, nor cash and servants, but an effort to show them how much I care and love them.... I hope i'm on the right track to be a better daughter by God's grace.... I just know that I love them so much!
p/s by the way, mum didn't cry, AAARRRGGGHHHHH as she said she cried too much last year after reading my poem for her and this year she knew I was gonna out-perform last yr's..........shucks! LOL....
No comments:
Post a Comment