Facing the giant - yes, that's the movie we watched during the Home-E last saturday... it was a nice show, which talked about how a high school football coach countered fear and failure by turning to God in desperation and in prayers. It was when he decided to trust God to do the impossible and embraced the spirit 'if we win, we praise God; if we lose, we praise God'... God turned the team's defeat to victory, turned their hopelessess to hope in Him.
I was especially touched towards the last part where his football team called Shiloh Christian Eagles were facing the 'giants' team (which are rough, big size, 'dirty', proud and rude). It was a tough match, the 'eagles' kept giving their best, left the outcome to God and in the end they won!
It reminded me so much of a group of youth who went for a 'mission' trip to NS camp to teach the religion class (Alpha course). My colleague Hannah was the leader of the group and I thought it was quite cool, so I tagged along last friday....... and also to explore the opportunity of bringing my cell group there next time.
When I met the youth at Hannah's house, I saw the worries and anxiety on some of their faces... Hannah led them in prayers and just sent us off..... we were running late, they just said 'we're late already, better not eat dinner, let's just go there'. They were stressed but they were gung-ho with the just-do-it kind of attitude....when we reached there, I still heard them murmuring 'stress la, how ar, we're younger than them leh'.... then I heard someone said 'don't care la, just do it'........ those NS Campers are 18 yrs old and the youths are generally younger.... anyway, even though they were stressed, i'm impressed that they still kept their spirit up and united..... after setting up the PA system etc, they just went on the way, did ice-breaker, led worship, sat amongst the NS campers, facilitated the discussion, went around the room and prayed for those who needed prayer.... i'm so touched.... and so proud of these youths.... they came with their flaws and weakness, but they gave their best to God... in the end they conquered the 'giants'.... those loud strong NS campers (all the boys are 'botak', can look quite intimidating) were softened before our Almighty God... and I see these youths praying for them.... and just wanting to serve them.... and those NS Campers were really excited and loud when we worshipped God.... like bringing down heaven on earth :).........it was truly a great experience....... i'm sure there was something special that took place in each of the hearts of these youths....i'm just so proud of them....I think we all have so much to learn from these youths....
On our way back, listening in to their reflection and things that they want to improve on for the next trip there, I'm just so humbled and touched.... these are the youth, the young generation that God is raising up.... to do great and mighty things for God! I dunno if my cell members would be able to do it.... but I remembered the movie that says ' do not give up on God....He can do the impossible' :)
No comments:
Post a Comment