Recently the images of fear-crippled individuals kept appearing in my mind....the Mumbai and Thailand victims of violence, the retrenched and laid-off victims of the economic turmoil, the tension and heavy-indebted victims of the share market downfall, the emotionally shaken and stressful individuals as a result of 'accidents or incidents' around them (suicides, natural disaster, violence, chaos etc) .....the list goes on..... at the same time, i'm also reminded of the 'normal individuals' around me who may also be filled with fear and worry, beneath the seemingly calm or ok disposition on the outside.........
I think fear is a great soul-killer.... it eats one up within, it blinds and paralyses one who may once have a great vision and enthusiasm / passion towards life.... everyone of us faces fear to a varying extent.... while it aggravates because of circumstances around us, another great contributor to it is one's failure to conquer it within.... while we 'curse' the 'culprit' of uncertainties, hopeless and helpless circumstances or happenings around us, I do believe there is a way out....no?!
I've seen people being crippled with fear:
- never dare to avail to the front and 'shine' even when he/she is gifted to do the job well... victim of 'fear of failure'
- never had the chance to love the man/ woman of her/his life as never have to courage to express it... victim of 'fear of rejection'
- never improve or grow as always fearful to try or progress..... victim of 'fear of changes'
- never experience the joy of growing up through challenges and journey of ups-and-downs in life..... victim of 'fear of oneself' or 'fear of facing the giant within'
- never get to 'see' and 'feel' the real world out there as never dare to engage others deeply in their life ......'victim of fear of hurts or disappointment'
- never know the true meaning of 'gift of life' as never truly give himself or herself away to live life.... 'victim of fear of losing' ............etc
Someone once said one the greatest enemies of humanity is 'fear' - and fear of failure being commonly found in 'men' ....
Even the greatly admired world's richest billionaire Warren Buffets (in his advice of the secret of his success to long term investment growth) quoted the 'usage of fear' this way "be fearful when others are greedy and to be greedy only when others are fearful.'
But I'd rather advocate what one says "People living deeply have no fear in life" or in another word,
"Only when we are no longer afraid do we begin to live"
Though we live in this 'fearful' time and world, but if we are to live on... we gotta not only face fear, but stand up to it.... it's a constant battle..... fierce sometimes, but not a definite lost-battle....
The bible says perfect love casts out all fear... run then to that PERFECT LOVE awaiting us...
I'm asking myself today as I reflect upon this....
What do I truly fear within me today? What about you?
I have heaps of fear......... but I want to step into the next 'second' of my life shaking the fear off, just walking on and trust Him.... and truly live life.......... it will be a life-long process of learning... God will be my strength, and you my companion?
No comments:
Post a Comment