Friday, November 14, 2008

Silent exchange

It's my elder bro's birthday today.... ever since he moved out, it's been a while since we last met up for meals, let alone cooking at home and eating together.

Anyway, so I took a day off today.....stay at home and see what I can help. Guess we were all excited and looking forward to the time together and plus he was going to bring his gf home..... so we were all home whole day. I helped do the house chores and cleaned up the house a bit while mum was busy cooking.....

Finally they came in the evening........ we sat down..... I took out the dishes.... the food was laid out on the table - one whole table of food! All brother's favourite dishes plus it was so much!!! Brother asked 'wahhhh, so much ar?' At that instance, I know there was a silent but significant heart-exchange... we chatted a bit with his gf Ivy.... and kept feeding them with food ...... the whole night dad n mum was showering them with love and giving them advice and encouragement one after another.... it was indeed a wonderful evening.... even though the meal was over after an hour or and the effort put in was a lot, but it's all worth it.... there's a saying that says 'we can't choose our family, we are born with it'....but for me, i'd prefer the saying 'your family is a gift from God, treasure and love them!'....

I miss spending quality time as a family together.......

No comments: