I was challenged by this topic recently - 'Security or Sabotage'. Big words ya...but it's very true....once one get insecure about himself or herself and do not react appropriately during the triggering events, he or she will sabotage his or her own life.
Everyone has his or her insecurity, but how we respond and counter it varies on different individuals. I've learnt that to key is to identify how we cope with it and to detect what kind of LIES we tell ourselves about the reality we face.Examples of the lies that one can believe about himself or herself are like:
- 'I'm always not good enough'
- 'I always fail'
- 'I can't make it'
- 'God's blessing always bypass me'
- 'I've got to work so hard to gain it'
- 'Life is always so difficult and I have to always struggle'
- 'nobody likes me'
etc....
Think about it. if the truth makes us free (John 8:32), then lies put us in bondage. Our problem is that while we know the truth....we believe the lie! I always knew that but it didn't appear to me how amazingly (or shockingly) true is that statement until I decided to take the 'test'.
Being challenged by that thought, I sat down one evening to really reflect upon my life. I walked through my struggles, search my deepest heart of hearts and try to identify the lies that I believe about myself. It was when I start to pen them down and to try writing the truth beside it, that I truly experience what it means by 'the truth will set you free'..
I dunno how to describe it....but it's life changing experience when I bring all these lies before the Lord and gave them up to Him...it was not an easy process, but it's worth the attempt...
Sometimes it's painful to be entirely honest with yourself when you confront your own weakness, your own pride, your own struggles and even your own 'wounds or hurts' ..... but the comfort is that once we embrace God's truth in our hearts.....we can truly be freed.... that joy and peace is truly unexplainable....
Don't believe???!!! Try it yourself! ">
No comments:
Post a Comment